Art Walk & Win on Bridge Street for ArtsHOP
Bradenton Beach joins the island’s 8th annual artsHOP after a long hiatus. Historic Bridge Street, best known for its shopping, dining and entertainment, will use the weekend celebration of island culture to illuminate its ample year-round artistic offerings. Get your Bridge Street Passport for a free chance at the Grand Prize: 2 night BridgeWalk stay, dinner for two at the Bridge Street Bistro, massage on the beach from Sea-renity Spa and more. Complimentary passports will be available at any artsHOP venue all weekend.
Visit historic Bridge Street anytime on Sunday November 9th between 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. and have your passport stamped at 6 different art-filled places to enter the Grand Prize Drawing. You don’t need to be present to win and all artwork is for sale:
1. Bridge Street Bistro- Discover the island’s latest gallery and a tasty culinary sample on the 2nd floor of this popular Gulfview restaurant.
2. BridgeWalk Resort- Learn about the striking large-format wood sculptures of Dustin Cole, a Bradenton Beach native who also works a long-time local family business, Coastal Watersports.
3. Back Alley- Find wild treasures for funky souls with the work of 30 + artists.
4. Sea-renity Beach Spa & Eco- Boutique – See the sea in original coastal wood art and watercolors by Kelly Headley of Red House Design Studio.
5. The Lot- Connect with Gayden Shell, master photographer and proprietor of the unusual, at her hidden gem of a shop, just off Bridge Street.
6. The Bridge Street Sunday Market will join these other businesses as an artsHOP stop where hoppers can experience the art of music with gypsy jazz performer Dean Johanesen, the art of touch with chair massage, and the art of taste with fresh produce and prepared foods. Among the 25 + market vendors this week are Rhonda K, native Florida Folk Artist, Nick Donatelli, beach and nature photographer, and Mary Roff, jewelry artisan.
For more information on art at each stop, and the entire weekend artsHOP offerings, check out www.islandartshop.com .
For Sunday, consider taking the free island trolley right to Bridge Street. Car parking options include: the city lot behind the Bridge Street Bistro, up and down Bridge Street including by the city pier, City Hall (permissible on Sundays) and along the beach just south of Bridge Street. For more information on the Bridge Street Merchants, or vendor space at the Market contact Market Manager, Melissa Enders, at email@example.com or (215) 906-0668 or visit www.bridgestreetmerchants.com.